Interested in the perfect LED grow lights for your grow room? We can help you with your purchase decision. Don’t waste your money, let us help you decide what is right for you by examining the best in greenhouse lighting for your growing.
Choosing the Right LED Grow Lights
Picking out the perfect lighting for your grow room or tent can be difficult. Depending on your set-up you may want to consider a few things. The power of your lighting should reach all areas of your grow room. From seeds to flowering, light must flow to every square inch. Is your grow area one specific spot or do you switch depending on the life cycle of the plant itself?
Is your light spectrum an all purpose light or do you use a mixture of lighting depending on the stage of the plant?
No matter the situation, LED lighting is a sure fire way to go, as these bulbs are cost effective and allow for a full spectrum approach to growing your cannabis. They also eliminate worries about the heat output, as well as bulb replacement, which is 1000 times more efficient than traditional light bulbs of yesterday.
It might seem overwhelming at first to beginner gardener when it comes to growing weed indoor, but hopefully this guide and review website will help you along the way.
The first step is matching the lighting sizes with the space you plan to grow in. Here is a deeper look at some of the best L.E.D. grow lights that are available along with growing area dimensions to determine if the lighting is right for you.
Highest Rated LED Grow Lights Available for 2017
|Product Image||Specifications||Watts||Lighting Areas|
450W LED FUll Spectrum
Perfect for a 2.5×2.5’ growing area at 24” height
600 Watts Full Spectrum
Perfect for 3x3ft growing area at 24’’ height
298W±5% True Watt
Maximum Lighting at 18″” Height 4.5’x3.8′
300 Watt 12 Band Full Spectrum
4.5ft x 3.8ft coverage at 18″ height – PERFECT for compact space.
300 Watt Full Spectrum
Perfect for a 2×2’ growing area at 25” height
300 Watt Full Spectrum
Good for 2’ X 2’ growing areas. Great for small areas.
Small singular plants (Also available in 300W for bigger grows)
Perfect for 4x3ft growing area at 24’’ height (Max coverage 5x4ft)
600 Watt Full Spectrum
3×3’ growing area at 24” height (Max coverage 4×4’)
450 Watt 12 Band
4.5ft x 4ft coverage at 18″ height. Good for small areas or add multiples to increase coverage.
5 Considerations In Picking The Best Grow Lights For Any Situation
There are certain things to keep in mind when purchasing grow lights:
- Square footage of the coverage area – Light should manage to spread across the entire grow area and work its way into the nooks of the bush. Our guide makes it easy to figure out your area by telling you the area for each light we recommend. This way you will know if you have enough light coverage to grow in the space you have dedicated for your farm. Lights can easily be “stack-able” or be able to line up to increase your lighting area.
- The trajectory of your lighting and angle at which your LED grow lights are set – A bigger angle means more light dispersion that can flood a room but less direct light and vise versa. Remember the amount of light a plant gets in strength can impact its grow cycle.
- Price – The amount you have to spend can directly influence your ability to get a decent product that makes growing cannabis easier. The products we have selected for best of LED grow lights have also been weighed as cost effective.
- Plant Growth Cycle – Full Spectrum LED lighting is important if you anticipate growing with the full growth cycle method. The complete spectrum will help grow robust bud.
- Safety – You want to grow in a safe environment and need to understand how you can achieve this with the lighting you choose. Lighting uses electricity and must be hung in a safe manner, especially with constant watering. This step should be planned out accordingly and with conviction.
LED Full Spectrum Lighting VS Fluorescent Lamps and HPS lighting
As a newer source of technology, LED grow lights seem to have the upper hand when it comes to an indoor marijuana grow operation. For the most part the LED burns less hot, costs less in the long run as they yield far less electricity, are safer to use, they do not have a stuttering lighting effect and don’t take a few minutes to warm up, and lastly they can run for around 50K hours before ever having to be changed out with a new bulb. That is a lot of plants!
LED grow lights use just way less than florescent and even more in HPS bulbs. In fact, about half the power as HPS lights use, and create much more return per watt usage as studies show. Many studies and smokers report an increase in quality and oil/terpene production, and more healthy buds and blossoms. LED lights run cool, so no extra temperature control such as blasting the air conditioning in hopes of helping your plants along is necessary, apart from venting fans.
If you are still stuck on old school florescent lamps for your grow lights, you may want to rethink your farming and upgrade to LED growing lights for better results. Just think, only fifty to sixty thousand LED hours before you ever have to change a bulb.