Looking for the best 1000 watt LED grow light? Check out some of the best grow lights that some of the pros use to grow their crops.
1000 Watt grow lights are typically the go to grow light for many growers
Are you confused about which 1000 watt LED grow light to purchase? There are many considerations when buying a grow light in this format. From LED lighting to HPS bulbs we’ve got you covered with our best and affordable 1000 watt review. If there is a particular 1000 watt grow light you love simply click on the picture or link for more information.
An easy to use 1000 watt grow light is perfect for grow rooms under 6 foot by 6 foot grow areas.
Some of our favorite features of this class of LED grow lights are:
- 1000 watts of good full spectrum lighting for multi-stages of plant growth
- Easy to set up and start growing
- Quality construction for accurate performance and light life span
- Easy to adjust without ballasts for light balance
- Daisy chain capabilities to help with expanding grow rooms
- 5 – 10 watt LED bulbs that last at least 50,000 hours
- Feature rich adjustment settings for more advanced growers and easy of use for beginner growers
LED grow lights in the 1000 watt range tend to produce decent yields and ample light that is full spectrum for pristine growing conditions. We took into consideration many variables from heat to quality of light to narrow the 1000 watt LED grow lights category to our top 5 favorite 1000 watt lighting.
Considering a 1000 Watt LED light for your indoor plants?
Here are some thoughts on choosing the right 1000 watt plant light:
Actual LED Wattage
Actual wattage refers to the amount of electricity an LED uses. Some lights provide a consistent wattage no matter what, however other LED’s have ranges of wattage to consider. Spectrum changes are something that ads versatility to an LED grow light. Having control over light band spectrum allows for finite tuning to make your plants even happier during specific phases of the plants life cycle.
For instance, while a plant is in the vegetative phase it will not need as much light during other phases such as the flowering phase. Being able to throttle down the wattage helps. No need for swapping out with another smaller watt led grow light. To this note you will save money in not only electricity but eliminating the need for multiple lighting cases.
1000 Watt Light Spectrum
When choosing a 1000 watt led there are 2 considerations when considering spectrum
- Multi-color LED’s versus White LED – Multi colored spectrum lights also include white LED’s within their range. Some love pure white light and others swear that it won’t help plant yeilds. It all depends on who you ask. On the Pro-pure white side the benefits are said to include a more natural type of light similar to that of our closest star, the sun. In essence it combines the power of an HPS and a metal halide lamp giving off additional blue spectrum. On the other hand many say that the light, because it is made from yellows and greens which only a handful ofp plants enjoy this extra light drives up energy costs and is wasted.
- Variable Light – Being able to switch between veg and flowering (bloom) is an advantage that you should think about. The ability to control growing phases with a single light makes or breaks a grow from a financial standpoint and a time standpoint. It is less expensive to not have multiple lights and saves you time from not switching out your light boxes constantly. Changing a spectrum in mid-grow however can have a “slowing” effect on the rate at which your plants grow vs a steady white light for all phases of growth.
Plant Canopy Penetration
I hear a lot about penetration and this is a bit of a misnomer. Obviously you want light to seep down deep into your plant tops as well as bottoms. There is hot debate about this, but the jist is you want a good light with a steady output. The consistent light output is what a lot of growers are referring to as penetration. Essentially with the type of light spectrum you get with a 1000 watt led grow light the light can easily penetrate through canopy tops with ease. If the light varies in wattage as it pours onto your plants, your penetration will weaken and strengthen over a period of time which leaves the plant confused.
1000 Watt LED Grow Light Output
An LED at 1000 watts has around 900 watts of comparable HPS output no matter what a LED company claims. Keep this in mind as you shop and look at reviews for these types of grow lights. I like to think of these LED’s as a cooler version of an HPS with 100 less watts.
Below is our list of favorite 1000 watt LED grow lights that we think are the best if you are just starting out
GoGrow V3 Master Grower LED 1000 Watt LED Grow Lighting HPS Replacement
This 1000 watt LED grow light eliminates the need for things you may need with other non-LED grow lights. For example things such as a reflector hood, ballast, ducting due to lower temperatures and multiple noisy fans will not be needed for the most part.
Things We Liked About The GoGrow V3 Review – Pros
- Save on LED peripherals
- Easy Lighting Installation
- 24 hour service phone number in case you have questions at 3am
- Excellent PAR coverage per wattage
- Made for a grow tent, or closet and stays wonderfully cool even in tight quarters.
Overall a solid lighting rig designed for ease of use within a tight and small grow space. The packaging left us less than thrilled but performance was great.buy on amazon
Dimgogo 1000 Watt LED Grow Light With Triple Chip Full Spectrum Grow Lamp
A unique and very inexpensive 1000 watt grow light. This full spectrum light has upped the ante. With its triple chip technology it boasts a 10 watt bulb for brighter, more efficiency indoor growing. If you need an inexpensive grow light set up with a maximum amount of watts then this 1000 watt grow light may be well suited to your growers needs.
Things We Liked About The Dimgogo 1000 Watt Grow Light Review – Pros
- Bright 10w chips
- Energy savings were substantial when compared to HPS bulbs for growing
- 30 day satisfaction guarantee
- Power cooling system with quiet fans
An inexpensive way to get your indoor garden started. At the time of this publication the price was hovering at $140 and prime eligible.buy on amazon
King Plus 1000 Watt Grow Light
The King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light is a well rounded and multi-functional grow light. Most reviews for this 1000 watt grow light are extremely favorable mostly due to the low cost of this grow light and its full spectrum capabilities.
The King Plus is typical of LED lighting.
- Low heat output. Keeping your plants in favorable growing temps
- Easy on the electric bill. LED’s only use a fraction of what a typical HPS bulb uses.
- Full spectrum lighting that helps with veg and bloom growth cycles in plants
- red, white, yellow, IR and of course Ultra Violet
- Wonderful 3 year warranty
King is a LED brand that has come to be known in the growing world as reliable and powerful lighting that has the capabilities to enhance your plants yeilds and impress experience indoor growers. This expansive light set comes with the 1000 watt grow light, power cord and an easy install hanging hook.
Complete with a timer the light should be hung 2-3 feet above your plant canopy. We set our timer at 13 hours for the vegetative stage and between 9-12 hours for the flowering plant stage which produced expected results. Our coverage looked to be roughly a 3.5 by 4 foot area giving us ample space for the plants to grow.Buy On Amazon