3 Top PAR Light Meters
1. [Best Overall] VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Hydroponic Grow Tent
Durable tent that helps you grow a variety of plants indoors. The PE material does not include phthalates and heavy metals, non-toxic, and no smell.
2. [Best For The Money] TopoLite 24"x24"x48" Grow Tent
This Door 24″ X 24″ X 48″ indoor grow tent is 96-percent highly reflective water-resistant diamond Mylar that improves the reflective effect.
3. [Best For Beginner Growers] Zazzy Plant Growing Tent
The perfect option for beginner growers who want to set-up an indoor garden in a greenhouse, condominium, apartment, or any small rented space.
Looking for the best grow tents 2024 has to offer? The best grow tents available this year come in different shapes and sizes and help you produce your plants indoors. The standard structure of the grow tents is mostly alike, and most units come with attaching metal poles and components to hold up the tent.
Finding the best grow tent can be confusing. Growing plants in tight spaces can be difficult, so if you do not have easy access to utilizing the outdoors, which I think is best, then you may want to consider grow tents for growing your marijuana indoors. Although outdoor growth is optimal because of the sun’s ability to be cost-effective, finding the right spot may not be ideal for whatever reason. Maybe it is bug control or nosy people snooping around your growing farm.
It also takes longer to grow outdoors, but there is less maintenance involved with a longer growing season. Compared with indoor cannabis grow tents, harvesting happens constantly and does require a bit more monitoring as a result. I prefer small indoor grow tents for singular plants which frees up a ton of time.
All growing tents are thoroughly tested with cannabis growing in conditions that are effectively similar to what the average pot farmer may consider an indoor grow operation. We consistently use LED grow lights that offer full-spectrum lighting to encourage all stages of plant activity. When looking for the best grow tent for growing weed, you always want to have sturdy construction support mixed with reflective material like Mylar to increase lighting efficiency, and finally, something that is well ventilated and easy to clean. Below you’ll find the best tents of 2024.
Grow Tent Growing Solutions For Small Indoor Farming
What is a Grow Tent?
A Grow Tent is a closed shelter where a grower grows plants indoors. It’s basically a portable box made out of lightweight materials. These can include a sturdy frame made out of metal or PVC poles. This frame is then covered by some sort of reflective fabric (usually Mylar or canvas) which helps keep the various elements out, while at the same time helping to keep the inside bright and ventilated.
Standard grow tents are made of a thick fabric of high-density canvas, as it not only adds durability, but also the canvas material plays a major role in maintaining the light produced by LED grow lights placed inside the tent. When you want to purchase the best grow tents of 2024, you must make sure that the tent is big enough to help you grow the indoor plant as many as you wanted.
Grow tents usually come with a number of openings that can be controlled, giving the grower the ability to install fans and filters. By doing so, and including plenty of places to hang lights, you can effectively control every aspect of the environment inside the tent, ensuring you the best chance to bring in a truly outstanding yield, and helping you maximize your space’s full potential.
With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of our outstanding grow tents that you need to consider when looking to start, or improve your cannabis dispensary in 2024. These tents were chosen for their strength, durability, and ability to provide you with control over what goes in, and what comes out, of the tent.
Why a Grow Tent?
Small spaces are typical for the novice beginner when it comes to growing weed for many reasons. Discreetness is usually the biggest culprit for smaller grow operations. So if you don’t have the outdoor space to effectively grow your cannabis you may consider what we think are the best grow tents for the job.
Benefits of Grow Tents Include:
- Variety of Sizes – Can adjust to different plants
- Customization – From Ventilation to Heat
- Portability – Can move around quite a bit
- Durable – Tend to stand the test of time
- Discreet – Can be hidden well
Best Chart for Grow Tents
|Grow Tent Brand/Model
|iPower 96″x48″x80″ Hydroponic Water-Resistant Grow Tent
|96″ x 48″ x 80′
|VIPARSPECTRA 48″x24″x60″ Reflective 600D Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
|48″ x 24″ x 60″
|Hydroplanet™ 96x48x80 Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
|96” x 48” x 80”
VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Hydroponic Grow Tent
Vivosun Hydroponic High Quality Grow Tent is a thick and safe tent made of PE material, Oxford 6000D fabric, and 98-percent diamond reflective Mylar. The PE material does not include phthalates and heavy metals, non-toxic, and no smell. Vivosun Hydroponic Grow Tent is safer and durable that helps you grow a variety of plants indoors.
Vivosun grow tent is a modern and latest tent that offers several helpful features of natural black high quality grow tent and outstanding durability, and this hydroponic grow tent creates the best possible environment to grow your plants indoors.
Unlike other tents brand; Vivosun Hydroponic Grow Tents come with a strong metal frame, viewing window, corners, and strongest zippers that prevent light seepage, support the weight of the light, and increases light usage.
These hydroponic 48-inches x 24-inches x 60-inches grow tent is easy-to-assemble and easy-to-remove as well. The removable hanging bar is placed on the top to support lighting, ventilation systems, odor control, suitable for all growing systems including aeroponic, DWC hydroponic, and soil-based cultivation.
The grow tent offers a one-year warranty, quality supported by the ironclad, and it features a durable anti-burst metal zipper that can slides quickly on the track and remain closed. Best choice for all growing systems.
- Has lots of vent holes
- Stronger than plastic-framed options
- Seals light ideally
- No windowless option
- 100% Reflectivity: The 600D Oxford fabric prevents light from leaking and keeps your growing area insulated; The walls, ceiling, and floors inside are lined with 100% diamond reflective mylar, which reflects light onto your plants for optimal lighting
- Reliable Ventilation: The grow tent is outfitted with ventilation ports for duct fans and carbon filters, to improve the optimal airflow and ventilation; Comes with double cinching ducting ports that allow air to travel freely in and out of the grow rooms
TopoGrow D-Door 24″X24″ X 48″ Indoor Grow Tent
TopoGrow Multiple Sized is a D-Door Indoor Grow Tent contains a room 600D Mylar high reflective with plastic corners. This Door 24″ X 24″ X 48″ indoor grow tent is 96-percent highly reflective water-resistant diamond Mylar that improves the reflective effect.
The frame of this D-door grows tent comes with a 16mm diameter and the metal rods are coated with white paint.
This 600D heavy duty grow tent is durable and the oxford cloth uses the light completely. The heavy-duty zipper and double stitching protect against light seepage. The round vents of the grow tent contains mesh for better aeration and multiple vents for filter and fan output.
The TopoGrow Multiple Sized Indoor Grow Tent packages include a one-set frame of connectors and rods, 1×96-percent reflective growing tent cover, nylon belts for filter straps, removable water-resistant floor tray, one- assembly instruction.
- Easy-to-understand instructions
- easy to open and close
- The D-door design is a bit obdurate.
No products found.
Zazzy Plant Growing Tent:
Zazzy 600D Mylar Hydroponic Plant Growing Tent is one of the best grow tents that allow you to grow plants indoors securely using a variety of the best led grow lights the market has to offer.. This 48-inch x48-inchx78-inch plant growing tent is easy-to-assemble, as it comes with the instructional manual for quick set-up.
Zazzy Plant Growing Tenet is the perfect option for beginner growers who want to set-up an indoor garden in a greenhouse, condominium, apartment, or any small rented space.
These 600D Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tents are highly reflective as it is 100-percent light-proof and includes a detachable Mylar floor tray, tear-proof reflective lining to support your indoor growing equipment and light fixtures. This grow tent helps the grower increase the power of the grow lights and preserve heat to maintain the right temperature at your grow room for herbs, plants, fruits, flowers, and vegetables to increase.
A strong and heavy-duty frame is made of steel poles that can hold a maximum of 110lbs. The steel frame allows you to install smoothly and it is easy-to-handle. Zazzy 600D growing tent is light-proof, the large and strong zipper and 1.5-inch ribbon protect the grow tent from light leaks.
Also, it assures long-lasting use and durability. The tent allows you to manage the lighting and climate so you can grow a variety of plants in any small area easily and safely.
The Zazzy Plant Growing Tent package includes one 100-percent water-proof detachable Mylar Floor Tray for quick and easy cleaning, one Zazzy 48-inchx48-inchx78-inch Grow Tent, one user manual, and two Filter Straps.
- Strongly built
- Large size
- Well laid out zippers
- Heavy and bulky as it is a bigger tent compared to other tents brand
- 【Top-Quality Materials and Sturdy Frame】Zazzy plant grow tent made of superior quality reflective 600D mylar and double stitched to ensures the light blocking. Heavy duty all steel poles which are rated to handle at least 110 lbs. The frame is specially finished to ensure smooth installation and safe handling.
- 【Efficient Growth Rate】Our grow tent with a 95%-reflective mylar lining gives an efficiency boost to lighting setups of any power configuration. Increase the intensity of your grow lights and retain heat to keep your grow room at the right temperature for your plants, flowers, fruits, and vegetables to thrive.
Apollo Horticulture 48” x 24” x 60” Grow Tent For Indoor Growing
Apollo Grow Tents – The Apollo Horticulture Tents are one of the top tent manufacturers and an overall trusted brand in hydroponic weed farming. They also produce a number of fantastic grow lights , ventilation and more. Typically made of durable and reflective materials, the tents are produced to increase your hydroponic yields.
The zippers are well constructed and hold up to multiple opening and closings which is necessary when babysitting a hydroponic grow tent. They also have many ways to enter their tents, multiple tent sizes and round openings to increase ventilation and ease temperature extremes. The vent spouts can also be adjusted to hold your vent system in place.
Many critical details are what makes Apollo Horticulture a ig name among hydroponic enthusiasts alike. Backed up by a 90 day warranty (which you won’t need, more than likely) and great customer service. Discreet shipping and easy to set up and install. These tents are one of 420 Green Thumb’s favorites!
This Mylar grow tent made by Apollo Horticulture does wonders for your indoor grow. A 48″ by 24″ by 60″ grow area provides just enough room for a couple small plants and a good LED light set up. Also convenient is the Mylar floor tray that is removable and helps with anytime you spill water or soil, making it easy to clean.
The 2 filter straps keeps your filters in place with solid lasting construction this is a favorite among novice growers. Quality is the main ingredient, with solid double stitched walls and metal support throughout and not cheap plastic.
- Package Includes: 1 -48”x 24”x 60” Apollo Horticulture Grow Tent / 1 – Removable Mylar Floor Tray, 2 Filter Straps Included, 1 – Instructional Pamphlet / Size – 48”x 24”x 60” 100% Reflective Tear Proof Mylar / Heavy Duty Zippers & Double Stitching for Light Protection
- HIGH QUALITY: 48”x 24”x 60” hydroponics indoor growing tent with heavy-duty zippers and double stitching for light protection ensure durability and long-lasting use. Thick tent material reinforced by the metal poles ensures security and stability. Keep your grows contained, prevent odors from leaking out.
Apollo Horticulture 48”x48”x80” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
Measuring 4 ft. x 4ft., and standing almost 7ft. tall, this grow tent has plenty of space to house a numerous amount of crop, but is also small enough to fit just about anywhere you want to put it — whether that’s in a greenhouse, an apartment, your garage, or really just about anywhere.
- Package Includes: 1 -48”x 48”x 80” Apollo Horticulture Grow Tent / 1 – Removable Mylar Floor Tray, 2 Filter Straps Included, 1 – Instructional Pamphlet / Size – 48”x 48”x 80” 100% Reflective Tear Proof Mylar / Heavy Duty Zippers & Double Stitching for Light Protection
- HIGH QUALITY: 48”x 48”x 80” hydroponics indoor growing tent with heavy-duty zippers and double stitching for light protection ensure durability and long-lasting use. Thick tent material reinforced by the metal poles ensures security and stability. Keep your grows contained, prevent odors from leaking out, and stop pests from getting in.
The iPower Grow Tent Review Was Fun
This tent is easily comparable to the Apollo Horticulture Grow Tent but I can safely say that this tent is way more luxurious as far as grow tents go. The tent is large and spacious for all your plants to grow with ample space for light to gather and envelope your budding cannabis plants or what ever else you may want to grow in these tents. It was very easy to set up and get started. Also easy to clean. We had a few spills here and there. I tend to be a bit clumsy when it comes to growing weed, however the smooth Mylar surfaces proved easy to clean. Click the link below to read the full review!
- Durable Material: iPower grow tent is made of high quality oxford fabric. It is tear proof, water-resistant, wear-resistant to block all light from escaping and lined with 98% reflective mylar to boost the output efficiency of any grow tent setup
- 99% Light Proof: Our heavy duty Zippers & Double Stitching protect the tent from light leaking and ensure durability and long-lasting use. Zipper with black lining create a light-proof seal without need for additional flaps and self-adhesive tape
Viparspectra 48x24x48 600D reflective Grow Tent Review
Coming in on the opposite side of the spectrum, the viparspectra is a small, 2’ by 4’ entry, perfect for smaller dispensaries or growing areas trying to make use of their available space. This change in size doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice quality, however, as this smaller grow tent comes with all the high-quality features you could possibly ask for in a grow tent. A good tent for 1 to 2 plants or a singular little farm that is perfect for a little closet or basement area. This tent was super easy to set up and very price convenient as compared to other grow tents in this caliber. Click below to read the full review!
- 【Good Design】 Heavy duty zippers & double-stitched fabric to protect and safeguard your growing space, multiple round vents for varied sizes of fan filter, ducting rectangle window with mesh to keep dust and insects out, better ventilation.
- 【Durable & Solid】 Strong metal poles and solid metal corner connectors that will uphold your grow tent's frame and lock your structure securely in place.
Hydroplanet™ 96x48x80 Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
Last but not least is Hydroplanet’s best grow tent. This tent is perfect for high intensity light that gets down to the nooks and crannies of every leaf and bud. It was one of my favorite big tents to review. Mainly because of its ease of use and set up and also because of its versatility in all the options you can produce with it.
The packaging it arrived in was discreet enough and did not scream, “I grow weed in my house!”. Depending on your set up and its quirks, this tent can adapt rather easily. If you have to move your grow tent around a lot then this might be a good fit for you and your grow house. LED grow lights were also quite easy to space out in this tent and easily hung.
To an extent, these tents all share similar features — a strong, durable frame surrounded by a highly reflective surface that gives you several options to set up, customize and control your growing space.
However, with the differences in space, ventilation and other options, each of these tents give you the ability to customize your growing space to meet your own individual needs. Whether you’re running a small independent operation, trying to expand and need more space to do it, or are just trying to figure out how to grow the most you can in Colorado’s harsh and quickly changing weather conditions without sacrificing control or quality, an investment in one or more grow tents can only help your business in the short- and long-term.
1. Can you grow weed in a hydroponic grow tent?
Yes, you can grow weed in a hydroponic grow tent. You will need to purchase a grow tent that is specifically designed for hydroponic growing, and then set up your grow system inside the tent. You can use any type of hydroponic system to grow weed in a grow tent, but some of the most popular systems include deep water culture, nutrient film technique, and ebb and flow.
2. What factors should you consider when purchasing a grow tent for weed cultivation?
Size, ventilation, light proofing, and strength are all important factors to consider when purchasing a grow tent for weed cultivation. Make sure to choose a size that is large enough to accommodate your plants, and be sure to check the quality of the ventilation and light proofing to ensure that your plants are kept in the best possible conditions.
3. What are the best practices for growing weed in a grow tent?
There are a few things to keep in mind when growing weed in a grow tent. First, make sure to size the grow tent correctly for the number of plants you are growing. Also, be sure to use a good quality grow light and provide adequate ventilation in the grow tent. Finally, be sure to water and fertilize your plants regularly.
4. What LED lights do you need to grow weed?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as different growers have different preferences for LED lights. However, some general tips for growing weed with LED lights include using lights that have a full spectrum of colors, using lights that are powerful enough to penetrate the canopy of the plants, and using lights that are adjustable so that you can control the intensity and duration of light exposure.
5. What are the potential problems with growing weed in a grow tent?
There are a few potential problems with growing weed in a grow tent. One is that the tent may not be big enough to accommodate the plants, which can lead to cramped conditions and poor growth. Another issue is that the tent may not be well-ventilated, leading to problems with mold and pests. Finally, it can be difficult to get good light penetration in a grow tent, which can limit the plant's growth.