3 Top Weed Grinders
1. [Best Overall] Electric Smart Herb and Spice Grinder
This is a fancy grinder. Marketed as a spice and herb grinder so if you are also into cooking per se, it can double up the duties for you.
2. [Best For The Money] Wakit Grinders Best Electric Grinder
It is pretty unique from the construction as well as clever packaging that showcases this grinders full potential.
3. [Best Kit] Tree Of Life Stash Full Combo Kit
If you love the art of rolling, storing and grinding weed, this might be a top pick for you. It is a full kit for the pro-weed smoker.
Behold the power of the weed grinder. One of the most undermentioned tools in the trade is the grinder. Not only undermentioned but underused.
Finding the best weed grinder is important because it can improve the quality of your sessions immensely. And let’s face it, perfectly ground weed is the way to go.
Using the best weed grinder can create the finer particles of weed that burn better, are cleaner, and don’t readily clog your pipe or bong as fast. From flavor to taste, a grinder creates fine particles and can make the dankest of bud even danker.
The problem, however, is where to find the best weed grinders to get the job done with quality and efficiency. If you are looking to buy the best grinder for your weed, please read through our guide.
The ultimate choice in a bud grinder comes down to you as a smoker and your style when it comes to looking cool.
Do You Really Need The Best Weed Grinder?
The short answer is yes. But it depends on what you are looking for. Grinders come in all shapes and sizes, from manual grinders to electric weed grinders. Continue reading to see our list of the best weed grinders that will fit your personal needs.
Some need discrete weed grinders, and others don’t care if they are powerful and noisy grinders that mince weed into the perfect smoking bud.
The upside to weed grinders is really quite simple. They improve the quality of your cannabis while smoking. By grinding cannabis you increase the surface area to be burned, thereby increasing the quality and speed in which you get a hit as you smoke away.
Smell Flavor and Consistency For The Best Grinders
Simply put, the smell and flavor also become more apparent and fresher in the way it feels. Sort of like how the freshest slice of bread is in the middle of the loaf. You unlock the flavor by making a fresh “cut” into the weed, but with a cannabis grinder, you are doing it a thousand times over.
This also can enhance the strength and potency of your cannabis. Again, you expose more surfaces to the lighter as you smoke. It more efficiently hits your lungs and the high is felt much stronger and much faster.
It also makes it much easier to pack a bowl for consumption. With a simple pinch, you can have a tasty bowl in seconds versus pulling apart sticky bud by hand, thus saving you time. Not to mention it makes for a good storage case if you can’t smoke all that you have ground.
You also want a smooth grinding sensation when it comes to herb grinders and one that has a kief catcher. Grinders for cannabis come in all shapes and sizes from metal grinders that include anodized aluminum to sharp teeth grinders like the Santa Cruz Shredder for example.
Lastly, this is my favorite part. When your baggie runs dry, I love to scrape the kief out of the grinder and smoke it. It makes it feel like a never-ending bowl.
More benefits of great weed grinders
Typically herb grinders come in 2, 3, or 4-piece grinders that allow for different functionalities. Let’s break it down for you:
- 2-piece grinder sets – A single compartment weed grinder is the most basic and if you are like me, you won’t lose any of the parts (just the whole thing). Within the single space, opening weed is placed as well as retrieved for smoking. These types of herb grinders make it difficult to extract your freshly ground buds but they are typically small and compact, perfect for hiding. Just remember where you stashed it.
- 3-piece weed grinders – These grinders are pretty cool. You have one container where you position your buds for grinding, a second container that grinds the weed and finally a third stage compartment where the fresh grind falls. This makes it very easy to remove the bud for smoking.
- 4-piece grinder sets – One of my favorites as far as the best weed grinders go. This one is just like the 3 piece weed grinder setup, however, it has two collector dishes. One for super-fine kief and the other for the buds. This is the true gentleman of grinders that begs the question…Kief or bud tonight? (or maybe both).
- Electric weed grinders – These come in all shapes and sizes, however not the most portable. They do have the benefit of pulverizing your weed in seconds flat and are a good option if you smoke mostly at home.
Which Size Weed Grinder Is Right For Me?
Personally, I like to carry a small stash around and this size suits me as I am what they call a midnight smoker. The choice really depends on the type of smoker you are when it comes to choosing the best weed grinder.
The smallest sizes you can get range from about an inch and a half to two inches. These are very easy to carry around and are very discreet. Perfect for a concert or a walk in the park.
As we move into the mid-size tiers of grinders for weed, we are talking around 3 inches in circumference (grinders are typically circular by nature). These are still pretty discreet but allow you to really stuff those joints fast.
As we move into larger weed grinders, the manual weed grinders are around 4 inches round. Electric grinders also fall into this category as they are typically on the bigger side of things.
When picking out a weed grinder that will be best for you, think about these things when searching online for the best weed grinder.
- Check out weed grinder reviews online – see what people are saying.
- What is the grinder made from? I will be honest, avoid plastic weed grinders. They are made in China for the most part and if the plastic has BPA forget it. Bad for you written all over it.
- Does it seel tightly if you have leftover weed? Freshness is always better.
- A warranty is good if the grinder is expensive such as electric grinders or stainless steel.
- How big do you want the grinder? Smoking weed habits can tell you what size is right for you.
Below are a few of our favorite manual weed grinders followed by our top picks for best electric herb grinders. Keep reading…
Best Weed Grinder Top Choices by 420 Green Thumb
The Kozo Herb Grinder
This one is one of our heavy-duty favorite weed quality grinders. Available in many colors (I bought the green) and newly improved from its previous design. This turns up on our list of best weed grinders because it does a superb job of creating the perfect buds for joints, blunts, and bongs.
It is a 4-piece bud grinder measuring around 2.5 inches. Not too big and not too small.
It grinds large amounts of herb with little effort and the buds come out nice and fluffy. The sharp teeth and stainless steel blades of this grinder are made to grind from every angle and can handle both dense and airy nugs.
It also has a magnetic lid that is durable. You can even shake it while it is upside down and it should stay firmly intact because of its strong magnets.
The chambers are also easy to pull apart after long durations of grinder usage. So no spilling and wasting bud.
Lastly, it also comes with a full money-back guarantee. This is one of the best manual mesh screen bud grinders on the market.
Tree Of Life Stash Full Combo Kit
I chose this grinder, or should I say weed grinder set as it is durable, and quite stunning to look at. If you love the art of rolling, storing, and grinding weed, this might be a top pick for you.
It is a full kit for the pro-weed smoker. Complete with a titanium 4-part herb grinder, a UV filter storage jar that is airtight a rolling tray for those days you need a rolled blunt and zen-looking carrying case. It is, of course, somewhat portable in its case and is well crafted as far as grinders go.
No products found.
A grinder that will impress your smoking buddies with its diamond-shaped teeth. It is also very good at grinding your weed into a fluffy smokable weed with a fine grind in mind. It also comes with a lock on the box to keep the kids far away, in case you need to be a responsible parent. No prying eyes are allowed with this weed grinder.
The glass stash jar is 60ml so it holds a decent amount of cannabis buds and the airtight container holds smells away. This is the best weed grinder for keeping your cannabis from prying eyes and noses.
The gold standard when it comes to the best weed grinders on the market. It is made from aerospace-grade aluminum and well constructed with teeth that grind to perfection. Even the mesh screens on this herb grinder are well thought out in their construction.
A bit more understated than the other manual weed grinders on the list, but for those who don’t care about flash, this grinder could be perfection.
No products found.
The Masterdamn gets its grinder name as it is made in Amsterdam. Precision milled with curved teeth. It also has a magnetic lid to keep things neat and tidy and to reduce spillage.
It also is scratch-resistant, made to last a lifetime. Hence the 100% guarantee it comes with. Try it risk-free.
One cool feature of the Masterdam weed grinder is that it uses a non-stick nylon ring that gives you a smooth, effortless grind, all the while preventing a build-up of residue.
Our Top Picks For Best Electric Weed Grinder
You might be considering an electric herb grinder. In this case, check out our picks for the best electric grinder. These take away the manual process of grinding by hand and add a bit of strength to your smoking repertoire.
Easy Grinder Automatic Herbal Grinder
This is a smaller weed grinder that is great to use on the go or if you are out and about. This particular herb grinder can grind up to 2.5 grams of your favorite buds to your liking.
It has a rechargeable battery and lasts about 5 hours or as they say up to 300 grinds.
No products found.
An added little perk to this electric grinder is that if you do run out of batteries, the detachable storage case can be used manually to grind up your weed, so no need for a backup when this happens.
They also come in a variety of colors. We like the gold version of this weed grinder but they also come in black, pink, and silver.
The Electric Smart Herb and Spice Grinder
This is a fancy grinder. Marketed as a spice and herb grinder so if you are also into cooking per se, it can double up the duties for you. A bit on the pricey side but for good reason. IT WILL LAST…
- OTTO BY BANANA BROS: OTTO is the first and only automatic milling machine. At the touch of a button, it mills your herbs evenly every time.
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: OTTO provides a superior herb grinding experience with no air pockets, runs, canoeing, or waste.
Well built by OTTO, it is really a milling machine. When faced with weed it does a great job of “milling” it into perfect smokable leaves.
It is a battery-powered grinder that is smart. It works by mimicking human hand grinding and rolling into perfect prerolls that fall into a cone-shaped sachet holder. No mess with this one.
It has a magnetic dock with a sturdy base. Easily chargeable with a micro USB port. It also comes with a cleaning tool and the cones are GMO-free. It is well worth the price if you love smooth even burning joints.
Wakit Electric Weed Grinder
Our choice for best herb grinder, the Wakit is worth considering. Marketed as effortless herb grinding, this little guy uses a patented ball and chain style grind. It is pretty unique from the construction as well as clever packaging that showcases this grinders full potential. The nice thing about this product is that it can handle the stickiest or dryest of weed.
- FAST HERB GRINDING. Wakit's unique ball and chain technology can easily grind herb the size of a nickel in mere seconds with 1 to 2 quick short taps. If you have more herb to grind, just line up in nickel size piles and wakit down the line. Important: If you place herb larger than recommended size, Wakit has a built-in safety mechanism that will sense the resistance causing it to shut down the motor for 3 to 5 seconds. Motor will automatically reset again. Safety feature activates when it senses too much resistance to avoid other objects from being placed in chamber.
- EASE OF USE. Wakit Grinder is incredibly easy to use, for everyone, and there is no assembly needed. It is the perfect grinder for people with dexterity or conditions affecting hand coordination. Simply place herb, the size of a nickel, on the tray and place Wakit Grinders on top. Depending on herb using 1 to 2 quick short taps will provide a coarse texture.
One of my favorite things about this grinder is it will avoid leaves and stems, avoiding them entirely because of the way the ball and chain grinding works. Pretty cool! If you suffer from hand-eye coordination or hand and joint issues, this grinder tackles that problem.
It comes with a tap-down pressure cap that makes coordination a non-factor for perfectly ground weed. And, let’s face it, the more stoned you get, the harder to grind for the next session becomes.
What is your go-to grinder for weed? Let us know in the comments below!
For additional reading take a look at our list of the best weed grinder pens.
1. What makes a good weed grinder?
There are a few things to look for when choosing a weed grinder. It should be made from a sturdy material that won’t break easily, have sharp teeth that will grind the herb evenly, and have a good size so that it can hold a good amount of herb.
2. Are grinders good for weed?
Grinders are great for weed because they help break up the bud into smaller pieces, making it easier to smoke. They also create a finer consistency, which maximizes the potency and flavor of the weed.
3. What grinder catches the most kief?
The best grinder for catching kief is a four-chamber grinder. This type of grinder has a screen on the bottom that separates the kief from the rest of the cannabis.
4. Do electric grinders work for weed?
Electric grinders can work for weed, but they’re not always the best option. Some grinders are designed specifically for cannabis, while others can be used for a variety of herbs. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to grind your weed, an electric grinder is a good choice. However, it’s important to note that they can be a bit more expensive than manual grinders.
5. Do weed grinders work with spices?
Yes, herb grinders work with spices. The grinding mechanism is perfect for breaking down spices into smaller pieces, which releases more flavor when cooking.