Seeded weeds may not be intensely high potent, but they contain enormous health benefits. The health benefits range from being a good source of omega-3 fatty acids to recommendable soluble fiber contents. However, if you have ever thought of smoking seeded weeds, you may need to consider all the factors involved. Smoking seeded weed also comes with negative effects such as sore throat, headaches, and abdominal pain.
This article focuses on all the factors to consider when it comes to seeded weeds so you can better understand the value of seeded weeds and how to grow them. In addition, you will learn why feminized marijuana seeds have become so popular and how they affect the quality of your weeds.
What Are Weed Seeds?
Weed or cannabis seeds are the seeds of the Cannabis plant. These seeds can be used to grow new Cannabis plants, which can then be harvested for their buds or leaves. You can buy weed seeds online or from offline retailers, including weed with seeds in it and feminized seeds, which are guaranteed to grow into female Cannabis plants.
Why Does My Weed Have Seed Pods?
There are a few reasons why your cannabis weed might have seed pods. It could be that the plant was hermaphrodite, meaning it had both male and female reproductive organs. Or, it could be that the plant was stressed during its growth cycle, causing it to produce seeds to ensure its survival.
You probably don't want seeds if you're growing cannabis for personal use. They can make the weed-less potent and affect the final product's taste. However, if you're growing for medicinal purposes, seed-free weed is especially important, as the cannabis seeds can contain chemicals that could be unsafe to your health.
Does Top Shelf Weed Have Seeds?
No, Top Shelf Cannabis does not have any seeds in its weed. They can ruin the taste of your weed and make it less potent. Top Shelf Cannabis is known for its high-quality weed that is almost always seedless. If you do find a seed in your weed, it is probably because it was not properly flushed before being harvested. Always check your weed before smoking it to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
What Are Feminized Cannabis Seeds?
You may have heard of feminized cannabis weed seeds before, but what are they exactly? These are the seed strains that have been bred to contain only female chromosomes, which means that every plant that sprouts from the weed seeds will be female.
That is significant because only female plants produce high THC strains. Thus, feminized cannabis seeds are highly sought-after by growers who want to maximize their yield.
There are a few different ways to create feminized cannabis seeds. The most common method is to use a chemical called gibberellic acid, which essentially tricks the plant into thinking it's a female. Another popular method is to stress the plant out (for example, by changing the light cycle or withholding water), which can also cause it to produce female seeds.If you want to grow cannabis on your own, feminized cannabis seeds are definitely worth considering. Not only will you be guaranteed to get female plants, but you'll also save yourself the hassle of having to sex your plants.
Which Weed Seeds Are Female?
There are varying methods of differentiating between the female weed seed from the male marijuana seeds. You can do that by observing the cannabis flowers, seeds, and plants. Here are some of the common methods:
- The other easy way to tell the difference between male and female cannabis weed seeds is to look at the flowers. Male cannabis weed plants have small and insignificant flowers, while female flowers are large and showy.
- You can identify the seeds by their size and shape. For example, the female seed is larger and rounder, while the male one is smaller and pointy.
- Another good way to differentiate between the seeds is to look at the shape of the leaves. For example, male cannabis weed plants have narrow and pointed leaves, while females have wider and more rounded ones.
If you don’t know whether you have a male or female cannabis plant, you can always ask a professional. A professional will help you differentiate between a male plant and a female plant.
How To Identify Quality Weed Seeds
When it comes to growing weed, the quality of your seeds is paramount. After all, they are the foundation of your entire operation and will determine how successful your crop is. So, how can you identify superior quality seeds? Here are a few things to look for:
- Uniformity: One of the first things you should look for when inspecting seeds is uniformity. That means that the seeds are all roughly the same size and shape. Avoid the ones that are misshapen or have abnormal markings, as these could be signs of genetic defects.
- Color: Generally speaking, healthy seeds should be a dark brown or black color. If they are lighter in color, it could indicate that they are not as viable.
- Hardness: Good seeds should be hard to the touch and difficult to crush. If they are too soft, it could mean that they have been damaged and will not germinate properly.
- Trichomes: Trichomes are tiny, hair-like structures that cover the surface of regular seeds. These are what contain the plant's cannabinoids and terpenes, so you want to make sure that they are visible and plentiful.
- Germination Rate: Finally, you'll want to check the germination rate of the seeds. Soak them in water for 24 hours and then see how many of them actually sprout. Ideally, you want a germination rate of 80% or higher.
By keeping these things in mind, you can be sure that you're getting good seeds that will grow into a productive and healthy crop.
What Is the Difference Between Weed With and Without Seeds?
You may be asking yourself about the difference between cannabis weed with seeds and without them. The answer is quite simple! Cannabis weed with seeds is known as indica, while seedless cannabis weed is called Sativa.
Indica plants are shorter and bushier than Sativa plants, and they contain higher levels of THC. That makes Indica weed perfect for those looking for a powerful high. On the other hand, Sativa plants are taller and thinner than Indica plants. In addition, they contain lower levels of THC but higher levels of CBD due to their CBD seeds. That makes Sativa weed ideal for those who want a more mellow high.
How to Grow Marijuana Seeds?
Marijuana seeds are relatively easy to grow compared to other plants and flowers. With a little bit of care and attention, you can have a healthy crop of marijuana in no time. Here are some tips:
- Choose the right location. Growing marijuana plants need plenty of sunlight and fresh air. So, find a location that gets exposure to sunlight for a minimum of six hours per day and has good ventilation.
- Prepare the soil. The marijuana plant prefers loose, well-draining soil. Therefore, prepare the ground to improve drainage using organic matter such as peat moss or compost manure.
- Sow the seeds. Plant the seeds 1/2 inch deep in the soil. Water the marijuana seeds lightly and keep the soil moist but not wet.
- Thin the seedlings. Once the seeds germinate and the seedlings have sprouted, thin them so that only the strongest plants remain. Space the plants about 2 feet apart.
- Fertilize the plants. Marijuana needs fertilizer to grow healthy and produce buds. Feed the plants with a balanced fertilizer every two weeks.
- Water the plants. The plants need lots of water, especially during the flowering stage. Water the plants deeply and regularly to keep the soil moist but not soggy.
- Harvest the buds. You should harvest the buds when the flowers are dry, and the leaves are brown. Cut the plants down at the stem and hang them upside down to dry, avoiding bud rot.
Marijuana seeds are relatively easy to grow compared to other plants and flowers. With a little bit of care and attention, you can have a healthy crop of marijuana in no time. If you cannot grow, you can find seeds to buy from the best online seed banks.
Can I Buy Cannabis Seeds Online?
You can buy cannabis seeds from online cannabis seed banks or commercial growers. In fact, buying cannabis seeds online from a cannabis seed bank is the best way to purchase high-quality seeds from any part of the world.
There are a few things to keep in mind when buying pot seeds from a seed bank online.
- The first thing is to ensure that you purchase your seeds from reputable seed banks. Unfortunately, there are a lot of online seed banks out there that are nothing more than scams.
- Secondly, be aware of your local laws regarding cannabis. For example, cannabis remains illegal in some countries, so make sure you know the law before contacting a seed bank.
- And finally, when buying seeds from a seed bank online, pay with a credit card or Bitcoin. That will ensure that your purchase is safe and secure.
So, now that you know it’s possible to buy marijuana seeds online from seed banks, what are you waiting for? Start shopping for quality cannabis seeds and find the perfect cannabis strain from the best seed banks!